View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanyknots View Post
I know, it seems stupid for me to think that. After a month or so, my c9 spruce is singing pretty nicely. Although no where near as resonant as the c9 cedar's I have played. I played one c9 cedar, that my wife said it sounded like a being in a cathedral. (Her words, not mine, ). Maybe I am just expecting too much of spruce too soon, or the other spruce top guitars I played were lighter built and more responsive. Although I don't personally like the cordoba gk studio or lower end cordoba flamenco models, it seems I am in the extreme minority. I would absolutely recommend any of their classicals c5 and up though, spruce or cedar.
The more you play the c9 spruce, the more you'll like it. I've had mine for about 4 months now, and it keeps opening up more and more. I also switched to the Oasis GPX carbons, which seem to suit this guitar very well.

You can't compare the Cordoba Flamenco's to the Cordoba Classicals in the Iberia series. I had an experienced Flamenco guitarist play my GK Studio Negra, and for Flamenco repertoire, it sounded amazing (kinda weak for classical, but OK for practice). The guitarist's only complaint was that the neck felt "thin", but he liked the sound and the access the cutaway provided.
Yamaha FSX-5
Yamaha LS-TA
Yamaha CG-TA
Epiphone EJ-200SCE
Breedlove Wildwood Organic Concert
Hohner Essential Roots SOSB
Epiphone Houndog Roundneck
Dobro Model 29
Taylor 214ce-N
Cordoba C9 Spruce
1972 Pablo De La Cruz Classical
? Eusebio Huipe Cedar/PE Flamenco