View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Pine, have you seen Evan's Emerald X10-OSN? If not, it's worth seeing. Beautiful guitar, a smaller nylon version of the X20. I tried to find the thread with pics in it, but came up empty. Perhaps Evan can post some pics or a link to the thread.
Hi Tom. I've seen posts mentioning it, but never seen it, or specs. What I recall is seeing the X10 on the Emerald website. If I recall correctly, it looked like a conventional guitar body, not like my X7. I love the X7, and would probably love an Emerald X10N if it was a short-scale, 00 body with the string spacing I'm looking for. Finding a used one would be great, but I suppose they didn't make many.

If I cannot find a standard model nylon CF guitar, I know I can order a modified Blackbird Lucky 13, paying an upcharge for the wider nut and bridge.

The upside of the custom L13 is I know I like the body size, the scale, the tone, neck shape, fretboard radius, and non-slotted headstock. I would just increase string spacing a bit for the nylon, and fingerstyle. The downsides are cost and build time.