View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 03:10 PM

Thank you for your replies. This forum is such a helpful resource.

I'm not physically unable to carry the heavy loads. I teach yoga and pilates, and my body feels quite good. I just want to keep it that way, and the biomechanics of guitar playing and gear lugging are a little tough on the spine and major joints. I play out around 100 times a year.

As far as the budget, I'm okay pushing that up a bit. I have 3 months with this Tele, so I'm in no hurry to buy anything. I really like the Music Man amp, but it's also a 3 month loaner. I did try one of the newer Fender amps with the modeling... I liked it.

I played a nice American Tele and an Eastman 386 yesterday. Both through a Princeton Reverb. I was really digging the Eastman, though the pickups didn't seem to sound a whole lot different between bridge and neck. Still, it's my favorite of the few I've tried so far: Strat, Tele, Archtop. The Tele really gets it done, especially when you push the amp a bit. That crisp hot sound, and with a little grit added in there, it's pretty fun. I just feel that the semi-hollow is a little more up my alley in the long run.

Thanks again. I'll keep playing 'em. And checking in here!