View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 12:00 AM

Are you playing on using this as a lap guitar? If you want to play lap style you would be better off with a weissenborn style guitar, a square neck resonator, electric lap slide, or a steel guitar. You can use a traditional acoustic as a lap guitar, but it will require a new nut or an extension nut

thanks for the reply.

i plan on getting an extension nut i guess thats what they call it when it sits on top of the old one . i work long hours away from home at the moment needed something to do hence the guitar most shops are closed when i finish or don't have them in stock when i have asked. i'll look online then i should be able to get it in a week or two.please forgive my ignorance. i chose an acoustic as i couldn't be bothered with leads and amps while im working away from home. i'm guessing a wissenborn wouldn't need an amp not sure if a resonator or a steel guitar needs an amp either but an electric slide would, but an acoustic doesn't although i do have a jack on the guitar if i do want to plug it in some time. you would be correct in assuming i didn't do alot of research lol
i haven't seen much in the way of finger picking instructional books in the stores i have visited i presume they are around maybe not so popular in my neck of the woods perhaps. another thing to search online for i guess. been watching a bunch of youtube vids on lap style instead. one other question i have is am i likely to pick up any bad habbits learning from you tube ?

Last edited by chardie; 06-26-2016 at 12:26 AM.