View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasley View Post
You're welcome!

I've been thinking of some Dan Fogelberg songs that would be great covers for you. If we could rewrite "Another Auld Lang Syne" from the female perspective, that would be a good one, but I can't figure out a substitute so the guy is not "spilling his purse," LOL.

"Longer" would, of course, be great for you, too. But some think that it has been overplayed. My question: how can absolute greatness ever be overplayed?
I've thought of adding "Auld Lang Syne" to my song list, at times- No great reason I haven't, other than the challenge of coming up with a guitar part I'd be happy with (i.e. emulates the piano part fairly closely).
Years ago, I tended to avoid some songs because of the gender factor (in the lyrics), but hearing covers like "There She Goes" by Sixpence None The Richer made me decide it's really not so necessary to be gender-accurate when covering a song- although there is the occasional one I'd just feel silly singing in public, like "Creep" by Stone Temple Pilots ("I'm half the man I used to be...").
I also have a great reverence for the songwriters who crafted the songs I play (mosy of my attempts at songwriting have been futile), so I don't like altering their lyrics, even if just changing some "she's" to "he's".

I'll take a look at doing "Longer", also. I think I knew how to play it, at one time (as a teenager). I always appreciate suggestions from people, so thanks! 😊
Martin SPD-16R (2000)
Wechter Traditional Custom (2003)
Yamaha LL16 (2000)
Yamaha FG 460 S-12 (1986)

www.youtube.com/mmcs1222