Thread: Merlefest 2015
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

I've checked a guitar there before, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, you won't have to worry about your instrument at all. Waitaminnit, Smitty, you asked about food? Brother, there's a food tent like you've never seen before, BBQ, burgers, Italian (I eat the Parmesan sandwich every year, but grab a handful of napkins), maybe some Chinese, Thai food, turkey legs, dessert, homemade eclairs, eclairs, did I mention eclairs? Some other stuff I'm forgetting. A huge relaxation tent if you just want to get away from it all. Or get a massage, no joke! I do it every year. Also, Merlefest is an alcohol free event....yay!!!

You'd do well to bring a folding chair and set it up near the main stage when you get there, just don't forget where it is, and then you're free to explore all twelve (I think) stages.

Some of the best shows I've ever seen were people I've never heard of before, last year Mandolin Orange, year before Eilen Jewell, I'd never heard of Paul Asbell before seeing him maybe ten years ago, he's my favorite acoustic guitarist now. The big shows at the main stage ain't where it's at for me and I'm usually gone by nightfall, although I'll be hanging around for Dwight Yokum whenever he plays. I think what I'm trying to say is Merlefest is a lot of fun, but don't tell anyone, it's getting crowded there.

Amy, if I see you with the red bandana I'll stop and introduce myself......