View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmz76 View Post
Going along with this sentiment, I suppose the exception being guitars from the most accomplished players which end up under glass cases in the collections of museums and private collectors. Acoustic and electric guitars retired from service after being thoroughly owned by the likes of Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Denver, Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell, countless other musicians who have left behind the tools of their trade to never see use again but to be admired by the public as reminders of the players who made their art with them.

This leads to a question- Does anyone know of an iconic guitar of a deceased player (not just one from the vast collection, but a specific instrument strongly associated with an celebrity player known for songwriting or guitar work) that's currently in use by another famous musician today?

I'm pretty sure Willie Nelson will be the first and last caretaker of his beloved Martin N-20. At this point I think it would seem very wrong to not lay the guitar to rest with it's master when that day comes.
Tony Rice plays Clarence White's '35 D-28. Neil Young plays Hank Williams '41 D-28.