View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 12:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
Hi Randy

I currently have both an Emerald X20 and a Rainsong CH WS but I do not have the CA XGi. I also have owned a Rainsong CO WS in the past.

Youtube videos may not represent the tone of Emerald well (which I have been through every single one of them before I got mine). The X20 was getting lots of positive review and I relied on that and was very happy with it. My X20 sounds like a full size dreadnought, plenty loud with full deep clear bass.

As for tone - I prefer X20 over my CH WS. But I do prefer the CO WS over X20 as it has a glassier tone and more bite from the standard scale length compared to the CH WS.

Comfort - X20 hands down for me, the bevel and curved back makes it so comfortable to hold. Neck carve/shape I have no preference on either

Volume - X20 is loud from a players perspective due to the placement of the soundhole, I dont care what others hear because I only play for myself to listen

Sustain - either one will sustain forever, that is one of the perks in carbon fibre.
Pandaroo is there any chance that you could post s side by side comparison video or at least audio file between the X20 and your CH WS?
1976 Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman #7670

Last edited by Kerbie; 10-25-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Edited