View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterX View Post
Fishman's Image Gallery has lots of Taylor x14 models, but not the 514. I'm sure one of these will sound fine. You should download the Image Gallery software and play around with different ones. You may find a non-Taylor image that sounds great for your guitar.

I love, love, love Taylor guitars, but ES is subpar compared with anything from Fishman. My guess is ANY Aura image you use will sound better than stock ES.
As mentioned, this actually will probably not be the case. The Aura was designed for use with UST pickups, specifically the Fishman Matrix. The ES system is a combination of a magnetic with SBT's. However, it's more so a magnetic sounding pickup. Anyway, the Aura does not really work well with anything other than the Fishman Matrix. I have the Spectrum and I have tried it for fun with my old ES equipped Taylor, the K&K pure mini and the Baggs M1 and none of them sounded remotely good.

I personally think that the OP will be wasting a lot of time trying to find an image to match their ES equipped guitar. Also, I actually find that needing the exact image of your guitar is not really necessary. I have had great results with my Aura spectrum and Fishman Matrix on a variety of different guitar settings that have different woods than my guitar.