Thread: ZOOM H4 test...
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 07:19 AM

Hi
Take a look at this review of the H4 i just found......not Christmas for everybody!!

"VERY DISAPPOINTED!"
Feature:
Cheaply made, the USB cable it comes with doesn't work at all so I had to use the one from my digital camera. Tripod adapter is really cheezy and the sound card it comes with is seriously inadequate for the price of this unit.

Quality:
The switches and buttons don't operate smoothly and the most important one - the "jog" dial will either not go in, or if I press it more firmly than I should have to it sticks inside. Furthermore, the fast forward/reverse is not fast at all. It doesn't do anything! and the fact that the recording mode and other features do not stay engaged between sessions is really frustrating.

Value:
I don't know of any other items that compare to this, in this price range.

Desirability:
Upon reading about it before I bought it I just had to have it, but after trying it out for a few days I soon realized that it is overhyped, poorly designed, shoddy workmanship and a waste of money and time. I made the mistake of going out and buying more memory for it, a tripod and 4 high quality batteries, all for nothing because it's going back to the store tomorrow. The concept of it sounds great, but they need to go back to the drawing board on this as far as I'm concerned.

Sound:
Through the headphones it sounds fine, unfortunatly this device won't connect to my Mac. It just freezes and I have to disconnect it and force quit Garage Band. Audio I/O does the same thing. If I can't get it to make any sound, then the sound sucks.

Ease of Use:
Easy enough to stumble through, as it should be - due to the instruction manual being so poorly written

Support:
I am so displeased with this product that I will not even bother with support - it's going back to the store!

Overall:
I'm going to see what else is out there, even if I have to spend an extra few bucks - I just want something that WORKS!

Submitted: 12/16/2006

Style of Music: Rock, World, Jazz, Blues