Thread: 1972 Martin D18
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 AM

Default 1972 Martin D18

I'm looking at one of these at the moment. The description is as follows:

This guitar has a pro fit extra hard bone nut and saddle, water buffalo pins and endpin (original plastic ones included), smooth operating all original tuners and original moulded case also in very good condition. The pickguard is not peeling up like many guitars form this era and the bridge shows no signs of lifting. The neck has been reset and there is a pro repair to a hairline crack under the pickguard (see images) that is very difficult to see and is NOT ongoing. It's marked on the images below next to a dark grain line which is not a crack.. There are no other structural issues, cracks or damage that threaten the integrity of this guitar. No other cracks to the top, sides or back and no damage to the back of the neck. There is a bit of surface buckle rash to the finish and the odd small scratch, small dent and a very small bit of laquer checking as you would expect. The action is 2.5.mm low E, 2.0mm high E at the 12th fret and it plays very nicely indeed

I'm hopefully going to go take a look at the weekend - what should I be looking for? I'd like it to hold its value!!