View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I'm not real sure what you're hoping for. You can certainly put a mic on a stand in front of you, that's what Eric's videos show, and it works great in the right situations. There are also internal mics that act more like a pickup, ergonomically, like the Miniflex 2Mic or any number of other internal guitar mics.

You have something else in mind?
Well, I have the Gibson Jackson Browne model coming with the Trance Amulet system... hopefully that will be a great guitar. But... what I am saying is that I use several guitars at a gig, they are tuned differently. I don't like to use just one guitar and several tunings. My ear is real picky and it takes me some tweaking to get a guitar in perfect tune and I don't like to play a guitar not in tune. Coming up with entertaining banter while you tune is tough. Thus, I would love to just mic a guitar with a condenser. But, that is fraught with feedback problems. Or is it? Have they come up with any better solutions since decades back, when that was pretty much the only option... condenser mics.

And my DPA 4099, I'm still trying to figure that one out... nice sound, but getting enough volume without feedback is an issue. And I could move it from guitar to guitar if it IS a solution. BUT... that would not be as fast as using a condenser mic and just grabbing another guitar and start playing after a quick check for the guitar being in tune.

Also... I am not a sound expert by any stretch. Live sound is problematic for me, there are so many variables... heck, I'm just a singer-songwriter, wish I had a guitar tech / soundman to follow me around, haha.

Last edited by LiveMusic; 03-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.