View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 07:36 PM

Thanks Kev so much.
I do really appreciate your time hearing me and letting me know your thoughts.

What you have said makes perfect sense. I have not been using a real DAW yet. I used to use Audacity and my Behringer USB mixer but was unhappy with the results and stopped using it a long one ago. Lately I've just been using Garage band. Part of the issue has been my computer has been dying for years.

My plan is to buy a used MacBook Pro and use Logic Pro.
That's great to know there are presets I can set.

Since that's the case I think I would definitely record dry and perhaps send the post signal to monitor with the play. Or perhaps I can set something like that up in the daw?

I do have a lot to learn but I hope
1. Since I'll be focusing on my own playing and singing I can learn a formula that works to get me close repeatedly.

2. The fact I'll start by focusing on only Vox and 1 guitar it will be
easier to manage at first.

In reality I'll no doubt want to maybe add a few more tracks and maybe even want to work with friends and then who knows. But baby steps for now.

So looks like I will record dry and take it slow. I agree with what your horse trainer said. Although it may seem speed is a priority. I have always been of the mindset that firsts learn to do it right and with quality and then the speed comes after. Here I was just trying to see if there would be a an efficiency benefit to using the pedal (which would be like a preset but permanent.) I see now that by having presets in the DAW that is a better way as I can have the option of change and no doubt can dial in a better sound with the Daw then the pedal.

In the end I'm 43 now. In my younger days I played and sang but my focus was on Alpine climbing, overland exploration, girls then, women then more climbing, diving, canoeing, Ice climbing, skiing, oh yeah dirt biking, camping did I mention women and girls yet? Then when I settled down with one girl the focus was on all the other stuff still, traded some interests for others and still played and sang here and there along the way. Then with a late family start 8 yrs ago I slowed down then 4 years ago my health changed and I've had to shift gears down again. Music has become
my focus as lots of other interest fell away. Even though part of my health issue has effected my voice but I am recovering from that.

So part of me wants to not go too slow that I'm missing opportunities. I don't want to rush either but I may have a tendency to want to go faster then I should. Man I have so much to learn.

People like you Kev are a big help in giving me a reality check and sharing insight.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk