View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matonman View Post
g'day riperoo, i took up the banjo a while ago after "playing" guitar for a long time and i found it a different beast indeed, its easy enough too get used to the basic chord shapes and if you have fingerpicked a bit ,but if you want to play bluegrass scrugs style it takes a while to get your fingers going correctly and getting that bounce,im still not there ,but i havent been applying myself lately since i got my mandolin,which i have found much easier .
i love the sound of the banjo as well so i understand where you are coming from so if you havn't got your heart set on a banjo ,i would look at a mandolin,its, imo a much easier transition but having said that it cant hurt to have....both!
as far as the banjitar goes ive never played one, perhaps taylor swift could chime in
Thanks Matonman, and I spit my beer on the Taylor Swift reference. Thanks for the info, I would never have thought the Mandolin was an easier transition than the Banjo. That is definitely on my list. Maybe I will have to go there first.
Squier Telecaster 2010
Taylor GS Mini 2011
Hot Rod Old School Resonator 2012