View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:48 AM

I have an CA OX Raw as well as a couple of modest wood guitars. The guitar that gets played most is the OX. The others sit in their cases with the humidifier and the OX out sits by my chair in the family room, no case and by and large always in tune.

Like many I appreciate the natural beauty of wood instruments. Clearly something carbon guitars will never match nor should they try. Still the RainSongs and high end CA's are beautiful in their own right. I have had a chance to spend time with the Emerald Woody line. It was an impressive piece. I hope other carbon guitar mfgs, looks at this concept and adopt it. It adds a nice natural wood appearance to the sound board.

In the end carbon guitars are not wood guitars just as an electric guitar is not an acoustic guitar, but they have their place and their fans. I am one. For that reason it is quite likely I will buy another carbon guitar this year. Quite likely it will be a small body, travel guitar. I am torn between the CA Cargo for its short scale and volume and the Emerald X5 for its standard scale, unique tone and great output when amp'd.

Last edited by jkwrpc; 01-02-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to add reason for my vote....