View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRGill
I think what you're looking for is the "Feedback Buster". Here is the first retail link that came up on a google search:

Feedback Buster

Of course, I don't think I would order it by itself from there... since the Feedback Buster is $5.99, but they charge $4.99 for shipping!
Here's an interesting thing I notice about the Feedback Buster and an ES equipped guitar.

Last Sunday at church, I got my Taylor 414-RCE (with ES) to feedback whenever I played a low D note. Apparently that low D is at the frequency that makes my guitar top resonate more than the ES can handle. (On my Ovation Legend - Shallow Bowl, it was a low B that caused my guitar to feedback, so the Taylor is at a higher frequency.) I tried using a rubber Feedback Buster on the sound hole, but I could definitely notice that it killed the overall sound of the guitar, even amplified. I never noticed that much muffling of sound (amplified) when it was on my Ovation Legend or my old Takamine NP-45C (since sold). So, apparently, the body sensors on the ES system really do work! Once the heavy rubber was placed in the sound hole, it damped the vibrations of the top so much that you could hear the muffling through the pickups! The Ovation and Takamine’s “under saddle pickups” couldn’t really tell much difference on anything placed in the sound hole. Sure, acoustically you can hear those two guitars being muffled, but plugged in, it didn’t make much difference!

I immediately pulled the Feedback Buster off the guitar and just moved myself further away from the direct path of the speakers.

Something to think about!