View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 11:20 PM

I'm not sure how the LS-2 works, but I'm guessing you want the ability to toggle the electric sound on/off with your foot? My guess is the LS will let you mix the distortion in parallel with your original signal?

Personally, I prefer multiple lines to the board because it will allow you to apply any additional board EQ separately, as well as volume control or any other outboard effect you might add at the mixer. You will still have volume control from whatever distortion pedal you go for at your feet. These are my opinions, they may not work to your taste.

My other comments regarding pickups were just to try it with whatever you have now first. You might dig it, you might not, but there's no harm in trying it out.

My second comment should be interpreted as independent. If you deem your current pickup inadequate for distortion uses, my first guess for a different kind of pickup would be a Magnetic Pickup as it works kind of like an electric guitar pickups. These usually come as sound hole pickups, but my Taylor has a magnetic pickup hidden under the fretboard/top.

Try what you have first.

I'm currently not using distortion with my acoustic. My acoustic gigs are not the priority at the moment. Every other month or so. At the moment I'm looking for a good deal on a Tech 21 Liverpool or British to use with the Acoustic.

I would send my Taylor into a BBE Acoustimax DI/EQ Pedal, with the XLR running to the board. In the effects loop I have things like a compressor, analog delay, reverb and Loop Station.

I plan to take the 1/4th inch output from the BBE and run it to a Tech 21 Sansamp Pedal which will then run to the board through a passive DI box.

Anyway, I hope this all helps in some way!