View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
There's probably some complex mathematical equation involving things likes frequencies and resonance and other big words that explains it, but I just like the sound.
There has to be some sort of explanation. I actually hate playing my Tak without a capo. It isn't sweet and sounds out of tune. Capo it and it's a different guitar. I have had the nut worked and reworked on thinking the problem must be there (I still think it IS there). In the mean time I capo it...but mainly play my Tanglewood (LOVE IT!!!)

And Yes to the 3rd fret. It's really weird actually. Just last week a song came to me while I was capo 2 and I shifted it to 3 and WOW! It's a lot of weird Chords and they sound AWESOME when capo 3. They sound good at 5 but awesome at 3.

I thought it was just my guitar and just me...gotta be some math behind this. Something in the way the sound waves interact in that key.

Do you think if you tuned your guitar up to the key of G (with lighter strings!) the same thing would happen?? I know I won't be doing it as I require the E and drop D at times...just a thought.