View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
As to the JBL LSR305, a couple of points. First, JBL says the monitor handles down to 43Hz, which is a lie/fib,... Better to buy once, not twice.
Thanks. I really didn't expect a flat response down to the low B on my 5-string bass, but point well taken. If it did my travel rig would be a LOT lighter! Could I use my bass amp as a sub with the 305s? And yes, the farthest from the wall that I can probably place monitors would be about 3', so I was expecting to need something to break up those early bass reflections. But the main thing you said that gets my attention is "better to buy once, not twice. Wish I'd done that with a couple of my first guitars!

But then again, if I'd waited until I could afford a decent guitar I might not be playing at all today. At 13, my lawn mowing money just didn't allow me to get anything above the cheapest thing out there. Today I know how bad my first guitar really was, but back then, I loved it, bleeding fingers and all! That's no exaggeration - the action was so high that my fingertips would be bleeding in an hour. I knew nothing of "setups" back then, but still I loved trying to make 6-string music. Still do!

From what you've read of my situation, sdelsolray or anyone else, which monitors do think would make the most sense?

cotten