View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp-michigan View Post
Hi Friends,

1. My plan is to spend around $300+ - I have zeroed down to the following guitars -
a. Seagull Entourage
b. Breedlove Discovery
c. Yamaha FG (In that order)
Keeping in mind the price differences between the above, what is the best bang for money? Or do you suggest I look at other guitars.

2. What is the experience/advantages-disadvantages buying the guitar from an online retailer vs a Guitar Center vs a local music shop? I must point out that the local music shop has limited number of instruments - for a particular kind of guitar they do not have more than one piece. So I either buy what is on the floor or wait.
All three of these are typically available at Guitar Center, so it may be possible to do a direct comparison if you can get to one. That said, IMO, the Seagull is by far the best, but it's also well over $300, especially if you also have to add in tax.

I'd recommend expanding your options to include the Ibanez AC240OPN (artwood) and anything from the new Washburn Woodline set. And if you buy online, definitely consider sweetwater.com - by far the best customer service and initial setup you can get from any retailer of that size.
Martin OMC-18E
Taylor 512ce 12-fret