Thread: QSC K8 or K10?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

I bit the bullet last night. I went to my local GC to pull the trigger on a K10. Decided I wanted the added fullness of the K10 over the K8 just in case my band wants to use them, as well as the ability to use the K10 as a floor monitor at some point. They did not have any K10's in stock and the K8's just seemed a little bit limiting. So ....I pulled the trigger on a K12.

I can always order a K10 and GC will take the K12 back. But I have a feeling I am going to love having the K12's and the added assurance of full range PA applications if and when needed in the future.

I also bought an Allen & Heath Zed10 FX 4 channel mixer. Set it up at home last night to stage everything before my first gig tonight. Sounds stunning!

...And I did a brief A-B to my Fishman Soloamp. The Fishman surprised me at how close it could come. It really is impressive for its size, weight and price. But the Soloamp (or newer Fishman SA220) to my ears, is no match for the QSC K12 with A&H ZED10 FX mixer. The QSC K12 sounds fuller, a bit more clear, bass notes are more realistic and bigger sounding, although its not a day-and-night difference.

Tonight I am playing a solo gig at a local resort that I've done many times with my Fishman Soloamp. Should be a fun evening!
Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com

Last edited by Groberts; 05-06-2011 at 01:23 PM.