View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhPhil View Post
This may seem silly, but while a guitar case will protect the guitar just fine, I am looking for a neoprene or some kind of cover for over my guitar case when traveling ... to protect from scuffs. Thinking my Santa Cruz cases which are beautiful in and of themselves and I would like to keep them that way. Anyone seen anything around?
Not silly at all: in fact, at least through the early-1970's (and possibly beyond) all the major top-shelf makers listed dedicated case covers for their flagship models, to not only keep the cases as pristine as the contents within (anyone else here remember when players actually took care of their instruments - before damage was relabeled "mojo" and became a badge of honor...?), but provided additional protection from the elements at a time when many in-the-trenches guitarists traveled by taxi or public transit and "radio and heater" were additional-cost options on your typical family sedan. IMO the widespread availability of dedicated military-grade roadcases (which would, at the price of extreme weight, protect your gear from everything short of Armageddon) and the same inverse thinking that sets a premium on beat-up guitars killed them off by the late-70's as I recall, and while I understand there are still case covers to be had from independent sources they're few and far enough between that I've yet to see one in person...