View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 PM

Ok, I was at GC today and played both of those guitars you mentioned, remembering your post. I honestly don't go out of my way to be negative but sometimes I feel compelled to issue a warning. The Yamaha FG700 sounded like it has socks stuffed into the sound hole and for some reason the B string buzzed but I couldn't see why. The Washburn had uneven strings, a loose saddle, squeaky tuners and sounded like tin siding slamming against a house during a hurricane when playing treble. I played other Yamahas and Washburns there and most of them were just more of the same.

Now, I wouldn't go saying this if I didn't have a solution. The Breedlove c200 Passport my friend, consider it. It is $265 right now and it is SO MUCH BETTER than either of these two guitars. The action is low and easy, the sound is loud, the tone is sweet, frets are level, tuning pegs don't squeak, etc. etc. So much better value for your hard earned money. Ok, I feel like a jerk for dumping on what you're looking at but then again I just have to be honest about what I personally experienced. This just goes to show you even more that you should go to your closest store and do not buy either of these guitars without playing them first, and playing other options in your price range.