View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 04:25 AM

I just got one in at the beginning of the week to try out. I have to make a decision Tuesday whether I'm keeping it or not, but I think I will. Here are my opinions of it.

1) My headphones suck. I budgeted for the guitar but did not factor in headphones. I've been using it every morning (while everyone else is sleeping... I'm always the first one up) for practice and will probably continue if I keep it, so a good pair of headphones is necessary.

2) I'm plugging it into a Peavey ecoustic 110 and obviously I haven't had a chance to play live yet, but when I do I'm confident the live sound will be great. I've cranked it up almost to the max and no feedback. Never have to worry about mics again.

3) The sound is good. Surprisingly natural. If you tweak the settings you can get much more sounds than you have with a regular acoustic, plus plugging into an amp or some type of pre amp will allow even more options. I didn't think I would use the blend switch as much as I do. I thought I would keep it on mic... For the natural sound, but the piezo is a really good tool as well.

4) The sustain of each note is longer though. This is an advantage when you want a melody to sing out (example: cavatina), but is a disadvantage when you want notes to disappear (example: stopping open string bass notes). I think that this is just a matter of readjusting playing technique.

Overall, great guitar. I think that this is all it is advertised to be, a great practice, studio and live guitar. I will use it for all three.

Just to end though. What strings are people using with this. I have to change the factory strings, they're horrible. I usually like Savarez on my Alhambra. Would these be suitable for a classical-electric? Does someone have another string to recommend specifically for this guitar?