View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
So it's sounding to me that I may need a powered PA speaker to get a mix of my vocals and guitar coming through. As much as I'd love one of each I couldn't fit it in my small hatchback car with my PA and guitars already in there! Hearing my vocals is just as important to me as hearing my guitar as it's coming out through my main PA speakers.

It would be interesting to hear the people's views who have voted powered pa as the poll is pretty much even.
It depends on the type of gig. I am typically playing in noisy bars or clubs as an acoustic duo or trio where on other occasions there might be a 5 piece band. An amp by itself will not cut through. But you may be playing at quieter venues where it will work. Powered speakers I find heavy for acoustic shows, so I went with passive speakers. Some gigs I run 2, some just one. Some I run 2 mains with a floor monitor like the picture I posted. We fit all of this in a Chevy Tracker. I am running a digital Peavey powered mixer, very light.12 inch passive speakers, also light. Then when I go to a 3 peice with a percussionist, I have enough channels to mic is hand drums. This works for me. To me, the guitar amp does not have enough bottom end for vocal mics in these noisy clubs.