View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 04:34 PM

Default Dazzo Information

Hi Everyone,

I know there is a lot of discussion on Dazzo pickups but I have some more for users of this system! My guitar currently has the Amulet M and for whatever reason, it was just not a good match for my Taylor. I bought the Tonedexter and love it so I am currently looking for a new system to try with it. The easiest solution would be the K&K but I am hesitant to go to the super glue route. I do however like the benefit of a passive system that also can amplify percussive techniques.

Dazzo pickups have always been on my radar but Teddy's site is pretty terrible. I know he was playing around with different bass response numbers for his pickups so my first question is; did he ever settle on one? That's one big reason why I never ordered one, I did not want to have to experiment with the bass response.

Secondly, I noticed on his web page and YouTube that he has a newer installation method. The point of the pickup/triangle is pointed at the bridge pins and is fairly close to them. However, in the past the pickups seemed to be a bit further from the bridge pins with the point of the pickup/triangle facing away from the bridge pins. Has anyone compared these methods or talked to Teddy about them? It looks like the newest method makes for an easier install. He also claims in the video that the new method sounds best.

Thirdly and most importantly, is the epoxy that Teddy uses actually better than the superglue method? What I mean by that is, I have read how the super glue can get into the wood making future installs of the Amulet or even the tru-mic pickup sound thin. Does the epoxy get into the wood as well or is it better? Also, does Teddy ship the epoxy with the pickups or do we have to go out and purchase it separately?

Lastly, I will most likely go passive but is there any benefit to the misi preamp approach?

Thanks!