View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Guest 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
l Taylor 812ce DLX 12 Fret.

If you get a chance, play one and let us know what you think! Or, if you own one, how do you like it?
I bought one Tuesday. A 2016 model. It's warm, comfortable, easy to play and has mojo. In the past I've criticized Taylor guitars for lacking mojo. Martin and Gibson have their own varieties of mojo, but my past Taylor guitars always seemed to lack something indefinable that I need to move me when playing. These re-voiced 8xx series however do have a mojo all their own.

Ergonomically there's nothing to complain about. Everything about it is just right. It's small enough to play comfortably on a couch, but big enough to have a voice that seems bigger than the body. It's kind to the left hand and with a 12-fret the shoulder doesn't get extended that last uncomfortable inch or two.

And it's pretty. Something about that glistening rosette and those lovely curves and that luxuriant wood. Mine has a brown stripe down the ebony fingerboard that looks really artsy. It sits beside my other guitars as the lindanita.

One of the things I really love about the sound is those lush trebles (no longer piercing and strident as in the past) mixed with that sonorous bass, and the mid-range has that human voice quality that I always have to have in a guitar sound. If I can get it to moan, it's a good 'un.