View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:06 PM

Default Luthier: Marcus Engstrom - Anyone Hear From Him?

I live in MD and a couple years ago I had a 1914 Gibson L-1 that needed serious work. After some painstaking research I came across Marcus Engstrom in Bozeman, MT via a youtube video from Music Villa about a Martin 0-28 that he salvaged. I guess it was a bit of gamble, I never met him or saw his work in person, but I found a few news articles about him and found some more reviews of his work. Needless to say, the decision paid off big time - he completely transformed my guitar (that was literally in pieces) and turned it into a modern player. On top of that, he was extremely nice and reasonably priced (IMO).

Something strange happened though, about 6 months after getting the guitar, I sent him a note and didn't get a response. Then his facebook page went down (he had a page dedicated to being a Luthier and guitars he was working on). Recently, I tried reaching out to him again to say hello - no response.

Does anyone else know Marcus and/or what he is doing these days? Does he still work on guitars?