View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDee View Post
Re: JAMES TAYLOR

I play these the way JT does and the open Em, too. I didn't know he did that when I learned. I was just teaching myself and derived the fingerings that worked best for me. In some video, JT says that he derived the fingerings himself when he was learning on his own as a kid. I think it's because we both preferred to keep an anchor whenever possible and not to switch the order of fingers when we didn't need to. These days, I find myself more often playing the mini-barre A and D, though.
I'll fairly frequently do an A bar with my first finger for a lot of different stuff. The mini D bar is a bit awkward for me, but at times it's the lesser of two evils when I have to have the bass walk down to a C# which I have to depress with my pinky. Playing D with 1 & 2 gives me a bit better stretch for my pinky. It's a bit of a struggle but I can play that pattern both ways. But more often than not I'll play A 2-1-3 so I can lift my finger and play Asus2 which often leads to D9 which I can play in root position or 3rd inversion by keeping the E down on the D string.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS