View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tochiro View Post
…Maybe it depends on the guitar? I have a dreadnought.
Hi tochiro…
I don't think so…

I have K&K Trinity rigs installed in 4 guitars, and don't have feedback issues even in our fairly aggressive worship band. I have a mini-Jumbo (bigger than a Dreadnought) my main Dreadnought, and 2 OM guitars with K&K Trinity rigs in them.

I always run my mic hotter than the pickup, and maintain a fairly gutsy, big sound when I use it. I also use a stage amp as my guitar monitor and have them remove my guitar from wedges in front of me.

In ears make it even easier.

Feedback control is an issue bigger than pickups, and it is often resolved by stage placement (of me), monitor proximity, use, and placement, where we stand/sit in relation to mains/stage amps, etc.

I have met a lot of sound techs who still don't think to use the High-Pass filter (low cut) on guitars. That alone can eliminate issues in the low ranges.

Feedback is often resolved with things other than ⅓ octave EQ, Parametric tone control or compression.

It sometimes has to do with over-aggressively run subwoofers from the PA. So as a last resort, I just carry a big-black-plug (Feedback Buster) and it has bailed me out with over aggressive subwoofer using techs a couple three times.

I've never played a venue that we couldn't resolve any feedback issues in under a minute. All my preamp/blenders only have 3 way tone without sweepable mids.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…