View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 11:42 AM

Default Distortion on Taylor pickups

I have a Taylor with expression system 2. The battery died yesterday, so I went and replaced it. Put a new battery in it, and went and played it, and all of a sudden I was getting some distortion out of my pickups.

The distortion wasn't constant. It sometimes disappeared, then I'd hit certain notes and it would come back, but this wasn't consistent. Like sometimes some notes would trigger it and sometimes they wouldn't. The distortion sounded a lot like digital clipping distortion.

There is a switch on the board in the body of the guitar that selects between pickup options and the distortion appears for both settings. I looked at the inside of the guitar and everything looks fine aside from maybe a little bit of dust.

My endpin does turn a little, but that doesn't look like it should make any difference when I see how it's connected.

Also, the distortion will appear, even if the gain of the Taylor is set to zero. So, I don't hear any sound, but it looks like the vibration of the guitar will still create distortion.

Any ideas on what it could be, or how to further troubleshoot the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.