View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 04:30 PM

Default Comments on cut aways

I never really thought I would be either coming from playing dread naughts all my life and never thought I would buy Taylor as I am old school it has to be glued and jointed to really sound good and be strong. Thank goodness I got beyond that and played some Taylor's and learned more about them. I also think Taylor has come a long way since they first arrived on the scene. If I where to order a guitar made like the 916CE with Florentine cut away and three piece back from a luthier, it would easily cost over 1000.00. I was going to order a Jim Olsen guitar back about 10-12 years ago and it was very similar to the Guitar James Taylor plays today. Well it was going to be 3900.00 back then and a 3 to 4 month wait. Now they start at 12500.00. I know and see how Taylor does it and I think they are smart in using laser and computer aided machinery in doing a lot of the tedious cutting and etching on their guitars and it is much quicker and more accurate than doing it all by hand unless you pay a truck load to do it by hand and wait a long time. I use the entire neck as well and after going to a Taylor Road show and find your fit a couple of weeks ago. I found my shape and size guitar. I wanted the 916 GS body because I found it to be fuller sounding and with more base like I have become accustom to playing full body guitars. Thanks for sharing you opinions and views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
I am not a huge fan of cutaways on acoustic guitars......UNLESS it's a florentine! Then I am a Hugemongous fan of them!!! I think the florentine cutaway just really makes a guitar look amazing!! The R. Taylor above and the 914ce are both beautiful guitars!!! I was looking at a 816ce fall limited with the florentine cutaway but went with a T5-C1 instead and there are some days when I wish I had bought the 816ce.