View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I think the downside of looking into pickup choices is that you really need to try them in order to know if they will work for you. Recommendations are great but at the end of the day, it's up to your particular guitar and playing style. The Anthem for example could easily be put into the "plug and play" category. You literally pug it in, do a bit of blending (if you have the full version) and you can go from there. For me however, I found that the Anthem needed quite a bit of eq to sound good so that kind of hurt its overall ease of use. I have however played Anthem equipped guitars that were pretty much plug and play so it all depends.

The only exceptions to this rule have been with some guitars that come with pickups already installed or, aftermarket pickups that are not recommended much here. Takamine guitars for example are really plug and play. They are about the easiest pickup system to make sound good. I haven't tried the Maton and Cole Clark guitars but considering they use the same pickup system, I would expect similar results.

As for aftermarket pickups, I don't like them but UST systems were always fairly "plug and play". I used the Matrix for years and although I would at times play with eq, the sound that I would get would be consistent. It wasn't natural but it was consistent. Sound hole pickups are probably the same in that regard. I think the more natural/complicated the system gets, the more you have to start factoring in your style, venue choices as well as the actual guitar.
I'm between the anthem full and the amulet m with the tone knob...
I guess that the anthem is the cheapest "dual source".
While the amulet m can end up being a much better dual source if you chose to upgrade later. The tone knob seems to remove the need of a preamp/di eq.

Any idea which one could be better for small guitars? L-00 and 00 12 fret
Also... Which one is easier to remove to install in another guitar?

Last edited by Vindellama; 09-22-2017 at 12:18 PM.