View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindellama View Post
Did you try the trance amulet?
From Doug Young demos it sounds much better than the anthem.
I have not tried the Amulet myself. I know the Trance users here on the AGF are really happy with that system, so it must be good!

For my own preferences, I have found over time (through a lot of trial and error!) that I like dual-source systems where one of the sources is an actual mic. That is why I ended up keeping the Trinity and Anthem (even if it's not truly dual-source), and why I especially love the Maton AP5 Pro system.

I should have added that the DTAR Multisource is worth a look too. The overall tone is quite good with the 18-volt preamp for the Wavelength pickup and the sound hole condenser mic. Unfortunately, the main circuitboard for the Multisource is located right inside the sound hole, so I found the whole thing to be a little fragile for playing out a lot.

I will also say that IMO you have to be a little careful in drawing conclusions from the demos on Doug Young's site. For sure, Doug has done us all a wonderful service by providing this incredibly helpful information to compare the different systems out there. It's just that listening to the demos at home on your computer is a completely different experience from actually playing the system live through a PA/amp in a room (and possibly with other musicians in the mix). Some of the qualities you might like listening to the demos may not translate well in a live performance environment.