View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 05:26 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Mike, I visit far less frequently than I used to because I am playing more electric than acoustic, but when I do, this is one thread I check on. This guitar is gorgeous, interesting, and totally outstanding! It's fun to not have seen it for a while, then jump in and see how far it has come. It's going to be an astounding guitar, and well deserved!
Mike, Thank you! This guitar has been a fun "project" as the wood has provided such a ready canvas for creativity. I appreciate your kind words of encouragement as I know John does also.

Now for the finishing touches....Which leads me to the pics below. While John has been burning the candle at both ends in preparation for the Woodstock show, he has been working on some of the last pieces of this little beauty. Here are some pics he sent me yesterday of the headstock idea he came up with. The edges of the headstock are beveled and of course the red inlays into the Ebony are a nice compliment to the other red throughout the guitar.

The only thing I haven't determined is how I'm gonna get my hands around that chunky neck...

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!