View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
I waited a little while intentionally before I responded so I could let some more "air" into this discusion.

I will start by asserting that had I not been given a set of these strings to try by Martin, I likely would have responded the way many of you folks have.
Paying $40 for guitar strings for me is the same as buying expensive $35 picks or guitars that cost more than $1500.
Like me, leeW and Brucebubs are "Beta Testers" along with a few others so there exists a sampling group, albeit small.
I would like to address the comments for you one by one.
The context here is that I have tried a lot of strings on my guitars. I am one who changes strings like some people change socks, both in frequqncy and brand. My findings are strictly subjective based on my experiences and with no added hyperbole or elaboration.
I play this guitar everyday and it has been my sole "gigging" instrument.

Staying in Tune
They stay in tune better than any string I have ever used.
Ease of Play
They made my hardest to play guitar "very comfortable" to fret.
Longevity.
Now into my fifth month with no change in appearance. They still look new.
Tone
No noticeable loss of tone at all.
How they Sound
If you have tried Retros (Monel) that's what they sound like.
They "tamed" my overly bright Pono Slope-Shouldered Dread which is Sitka/ Mahogany and gave it a thicker, richer and punchier voice.

That's pretty much it.
Will I replace them with another set? Yes, I figure in about another 3-6 months I will, at least on that guitar.
Can you address why and how specifically, you feel they make that harder to play guitar more comfortable to fret? Thanks!
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat