View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 04:57 PM

I had finally decided to upgrade to a nice Taylor and had spent several years looking at a few I was interested in. About this time my then toddler was a holy terror with everything breakable in the house. From sandwiches in the electronics to peeling the epaulet leafs off of my Ovation mandolin. I had to put all my instruments and computers out of reach and wanted a guitar I could leave out.

I stumbled on a carbon fiber thread which led to a nice conversation with Alistair. In the end I decided to take a chance on his X20 thinking it was a stopgap as I would get that Taylor once I didn't have to worry about the child.

The X20 opened my eyes to the land of CF and a year later to getting a Lucky 13. I find I have pretty much stopped looking for acoustic guitars. The Taylor(s) I was courting aren't any better than the X20 in playability or tone to me, so I probably will pass on getting that dream guitar as I already have the dream guitar(s) at home. I still check out a few guitars/brands when I am near a store, but I haven't found anything that makes me say time to upgrade to something else.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?