View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 11:50 AM
AGF Sponsor

I felt pretty bummed out about Healdsburg 2015 being delayed until 2016. This is always the highlight of my biannual cycle, attending this show, and getting a chance to catch up with all my friends and colleagues in the Biz.

But then, what do you know, Bob Singer comes to the rescue, with the Memphis Acoustic Guitar Festival, neatly dovetailing into that summer festival season. I'm thrilled to be a part of this, for several reasons- one, it gives me the chance and the incentive to build some very special guitars on MY dime, and try out some new design ideas- you know, building real "show-piece" guitars with my best woods, exactly as I would want if I were ordering the ultimate custom guitar for myself...

And two, I've already heard through the grapevine that many of MY favorite builders will be there, so it will be a lot like Healdsburg in that respect. It's always a treat to see what my colleagues are doing- it's such a plentiful source of inspiration!

Third, I've passed through Memphis several times, and it looks like such a nice town... now, I'll have the chance to spend some quality time there, and soak up some of the local musical culture. AND, as an extra bonus, Memphis is only about a six hour drive from where I'm currently living, so it won't be such a long journey.

I love everything about this new festival. Massive kudos to Bob Singer for putting this together. ALL of us who are participating- and ESPECIALLY our fans, who will be there, looking for the ultimate guitar to own and play- owe Bob a great debt of gratitude for making this happen. Raucous applause for Bob Singer!
Steve the Edwinson