View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 08:03 PM

Default "Allow myself to introduce...myself" My first post and build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
Beautiful guitar Anthony!

I am dying to know...how you think the middle piece on the back has influenced the sound of the guitar? somehow I did not see listed the center piece wood...Looks like a mahogany of sorts? This is the big question I have always longed to know. What happens when you combine Rosewood with a mahogany or maple. Does it give the rosewood sound a little bit of attack time on the strings? I love Walnut, Rosewood, maple....but often feel like each is still lacking in some areas. The idea of combining something like Rosewood for those sweet sustaining notes with a wood that has a sharper attack time and more fundamentals is appealing.

I am a huge believer...that everything effects the sound. I would love to see experimentation with back as one wood and sides as of another type...to combine sounds. I have seen this on rare occasions...but not heard the report of how tonal structure changed in those type guitars Of course there are downsides to this type of experimentation. Makes a guitar less desirable visually for some. Anyway....excited to hear your thoughts on the difference the center piece made on the back.

Very good question. It's one that I've asked myself throughout. I'm not sure I'm able to answer it confidently. I'm sure there are some people out there that have more experience with Martin 35 style guitars that can weigh in. I believe also that everything effects sound and I'm sure having the mahogany in the center has an effect. To what extent is the question and to that I'm not sure.

Last edited by AnthonyLattanze; 11-04-2017 at 08:38 PM.