View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Cocobologist

Thanks for the kind words, folks. The more I play this, the more I am impressed with it. The coil split options (they call it 'coil tap' on the website, but the tone it creates definitely sounds like they are splitting the coils) really adds a whole different dimension. this is mainly because I can split one pickup while keeping the other a full humbucker. I have coil splitting on a couple others in the herd, but they impact both pickups at the same time.

I also continue to be impressed by the overall tone and playability of this guitar -- I am certainly no rookie to world of electrics, and this one is just plain good! I think part of the surprise is in knowing just how lousy Epiphone guitars have been over the past 4 decades. Something happened in the last couple years that changed the game at Epi -- They are making some darned fine instruments for the money these days!

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...