View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Do you have an action issue or a relief issue? They are two different things. If it's a relief issue, it could be a very easy fix with the truss rod, especially if it's a two way rod. If it's an action issue, then you need to consider neck angle & saddle height.
See, that's what I'm trying to figure out. Right now I just have some buzzing on the Low e and A strings, around frets 4-8. On G and B, frets sound dead around 9-13.

Nut: Capoing the lower frets to see if that removed the issues but it didn't
Saddle: Shimmed the saddle to see it the extra height affected anything which it didn't do much if anything (although that could also be since I used a cheap piece of plastic just to test, it killed the sound and sustain regardless)
Neck: Slightly loosened the truss in which it felt quite 'loose' and led me here

This weekend I will probably drop it of at the 'neighborhood' guitar guy for a setup and see if he can get it properly done (unless there are real issues with the guitar). The $25 he charges should save me the aggravation. Although I would much prefer to learn how to do it first hand!

Last edited by qwertyaass; 01-29-2010 at 01:50 PM.