View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdOne View Post
Archtop guitars, to many, are the pinnacle of modern luthierie... i love them.... seriously...

there are many people who dislike the Eastman company and their products... Most of these people are probably more perturbed at the practices of Eastman's home country than they are at the company itself... because, from what i've played... they're awesome instruments... I've had 3 of their archtops.. and they are all incredible instruments for the money...

Eastman totally kills other archtop companies at their price point in terms of quality and playability...

but...

all things are put into perspective when, in my case, someone lets you play one of their real Benedetto, or Ribbecke, or Moll, or Manzer, or a (name of a bad to the bone luthier), or a 1930's gibson archtop.... no production guitar can reproduce the awesomeness of one of those puppies..

but... you don't need a small business loan to buy an eastman.... which is why the only archtop i have is an eastman....
Thanks for your reply. Which 30's gibson would you recommend? I've found several L-30's, L-48's and even a couple Kalamazoo's. Thoughts on those?

Kindly,
Danny