View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 05:54 AM

Darrell,

I have played guitar for more than 40 years, so last year when I finally could afford a high-end guitar I shopped for 6 months trying every brand and model I could lay my hands on. My budget was $3.5K, so I felt almost any factory-built guitar was within my reach. I did what Denny1948golf suggested that you do, and I must of done that at 20 or more shops from Savannah, Ga to Atlanta. I was not looking to buy a Taylor per se, but it was certainly one of the brands included in my search. In the end, I bought a Taylor GA4e and I am still super-happy with this guitar!

Without a doubt, IMHO, Taylor guitars have the best action and playability of any factory-built guitar out there! And the sound, again IMHO, is what I have always wanted to hear from my guitar...distinct notes at any position, with strong but not muddy/boomy bass and bell-like highs! Too expensive? I was prepared to pay more than double what this guitar actually sold for, so I think they are fantastic values! Every time I hold this guitar I am inspired to play for at least an hour! Worth every penny!!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)