View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 11:22 PM

Default Why are American made Guitars better ??

I don't get it ....Some context : ( i live in Canada)....i have been playing guitar about 4 years (started late in my life).....When i started going to music stores to buy a guitar i was told American made guitars are the most sought after because of their superior craftmanship...( USA guitars much better than the Japenese, Chinese guitars).....When i read this forum i get the same message....Just the other day i was looking at an electric guitar (a STRAT) and the salesman says to me "oh your holding the Mexican made STRAT, come over here with me and i will show you the AMERICAN made STRAT...,,,HERE IS MY POINT....Most sophisticated products of quality are IMPORTS from other countries...Years ago America dominated the automobile industry...Today the high end cars come from Germany, Japan, Italy, Sweden....Electronics ?? Made in USA ??....Nope not anymore the High end stuff comes from Asia and Europe....TV's, Camera's, DVD's ect ect ect...Just about everthing that comes out of Japan, China, Korea, Germany, Italy ect ect...is superior craftsmanship ... yet....SO WHY ARE GUITARS MADE IN USA SUPERIOR ??...Are American Luthiers more skilled than luthiers in other countries ???...( i find that statement hard to believe) It seems to me this whole notion is contrary to everything else.....Note: Im not disputing this, i just want to understand it..I figured this forum would be the best place to ask.

Last edited by Montreal 007; 11-12-2006 at 11:27 PM.