View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 07:16 AM

I think this concept is explored somewhat by Jamplay already with the teachers available through live chat and webcam. Personally I do like the idea of being able to connect with a live teacher on Skype or whatever else medium is used to get some guidance however they need to be paid. Nobody should work for free. Personally I'm sick of one way sites and videos. They rarely deviate from showing the same concepts in a non-musical fashion, especially what I've seen in regards to learning scales. I am working on barre chords now in the Learn & Master Guitar series. The next lesson in the series is pentatonics. I'm definitely getting private lessons again for that concept. None of the free resources have answered my questions on scales and musical application. A live teacher has shown me ways of application in the past that many vireos just didn't explore or couldn't address my needs.

So, overall, the concept is sort cool but do work in a paid system. It's enough of the race to the bottom everything should be free mindset out there. Aim to be more structured and thorough in anticipating what a student needs to know and how to apply concepts musically with examples to practice and encouragement to be creative with the new information.

Last edited by Jusca; 04-24-2017 at 07:31 AM.