View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Update, this S-18 has become far and away my favorite acoustic guitar of all time. My initial plan was to have a second 12-string in a different tuning, and while that happened, what also happened is, I don't play my 456ce very much anymore because I'd rather play this. Really something, if you've never played a 12-string harp guitar before, and you like 12-strings (or, just like harp guitars), it's worth seeking one out if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
Just wanted to add another thumbs-up for Tonedevil! I wanted a 12-string version of a harp guitar, because I love harp guitars and because I wanted a second 12-string to keep in a different tuning than my 456ce, and I'm really happy with my S-12 so I ordered a semi-custom S-18. This is more or less identical to my S-12, but has 12 strings on the neck plus 6 bass strings. It arrived this week, and I'm loving it! Lovely resonant sound multiplied by about 2, it really fills up a room with sound like nothing I've ever played before. Excellent workmanship, nothing fancy or showy but it does what I want it to do, intonates fine and stays in tune, fine action, and it sounds great. Kudos to Dave and Tony for making and selling excellent and affordable harp guitars, including custom jobs if you want something a little different!
Attachment 1371
'82 Fender Musicmaster bass
'15 Breedlove Premier OF mandolin
Marshall JVM210c amp plus a bunch of stompboxes and misc. gear