View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 12:12 AM

Haha...

My matching blue silver grillcloth jbl 2x12 isnt going anywhere.

The cab was designed volumetrically around oxfords in a closed back config. The guy i bought it from had put the k120s in it but didnt love it. Speakers might not even be broken in in spite of the age...because he had a cab with e120s which he liked better because he played a strat with gain pedals.

I definately hear the potential with this amp and cab. I think I may experiment with a semi open back that would let the cabinet breath a little.

Otoh.. Theres another guy i know selling a k130f in its oem fender open back cab... But wont separate it from the rest of his rig in the sale and the package is overpriced... Thatvwpuld be my dream cab... Love the 130 series..

I will get to the bottom of my bandmaster rig. I just cut a front speaker baffle for it as an experimental conversion to a 2x8 combo that... If it sounds good... Would be a perfect rig for my restaurant gigs.

You and I definately have found similar things with the MM. The amp has a very narrow niche.. But when the stars line up... Its very impressive... But I would not say its a good general purpose amp... My sense is that the speaker has certain hyped characteristics that can make it sound as bad as it does good depending.

Peaveys are totally underappreciated. Someday Peavey built OEM speakers will be recognized as having been some of the best speakers ever made.

Last edited by Tommy_G; 11-13-2017 at 12:31 AM.