View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:38 AM

Default Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the welcome and kind comments guys It is certainly nice to stumble on a forum of people who enjoy acoustic guitars as much as I do!

My OOO is in Ft Wayne and Fedex says it will be delivered on Monday! I ordered two sets of strings along with an extra high E for each set. I've used Thomastik-Infeld strings on my acoustics and jazz electrics for a long time and really love them (I use Savarez on my classical).
  • Thomastik-Infeld SB112 Spectrum Bronze Medium Light, .012 - .054
  • Thomastik-Infeld SB111 Spectrum Bronze Light, .011 - .052
Tension comparison

The SB112 (med light) tension specs (168.9lbs) are a close match for the stock D'Addario EXP16s (163.2lbs) and the SB111 (light) strings (151.3) are primarily for experimentation IF I have trouble with the .012 set. I doubt that I will, but with a new guitar like this, a lightly built one at that, the light strings may surprise me so I'll try them. My attack is usually too heavy for .011 acoustic sets, but I've been playing nylons for so long these may work for me. They should also be less prone to overdriving the top, which I do on small body guitars pretty easily.

The astute reader may have already figured out that I'm an engineer, so I tend to analyse things, perhaps too much at times, but that's how I think! I'll post some photos when I get the OOO in and then a sound clip or video after I've had a chance to get used to the feel. I've found that it can take me two or three days sometimes to adjust to a new acoustic so I can really begin to draw the full range out of it. I'll try to include enough information that you can get a better idea for the guitar and whether it would work for you. Again, if there is anyone in the Dallas area that wants to check it out, I play the occasional open mic around here and would be happy to let you play her.

Quote:
Spectrum Bronze Acoustic Series

characteristics: clear, balanced tone, ideal for recording sessions

"At last, the ultimate acoustic guitar string for recording, SPECTRUM BRONZE Series. You'll hear and feel the difference in the toughest situations from studio to stage. The treble strings are plain silver steel, the wound strings have a highly polished bronze covering. Deep basses, superb midrange and ultra clear highs, give extra power for those "intense" moments. SPECTRUM BRONZE Series deliver all this, … and more!!

The ultimate bronze round wound acoustic string! The Spectrum Bronze Series is specially designed for the demands of professional recording, yet is also unsurpassed in live performance situations. A unique bronze formula, combined with Thomastik-Infeld's mastery of mechanical filtering with their silk inlay technology, gives a full warm tone, with a sparkling clarity that lets you cut through a dense-sound mix. Playing feel is very balanced, and they are surprisingly long lasting.

Peace,

Katherine Elizavæt

http://www.youtube.com/user/Elisavaet
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." The Duchess: Alice in Wonderland

Last edited by Elisavaet; 02-18-2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: subscribe to thread