View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessman View Post
Hello,

I plan to buy a Ramirez 4N CWE (C-86 CWE was sick expensive), but would like to hear your comments about it if you have ever played it. Should I get it with electronics or without. I have Rivera Sedona 100 watt head with two Rivera Sedona 112EX cabinets and also 2 pcs of AKG C 4000-B mics.

Thanks for your help.

BR: Klarm Yai
Wes ~ I'll have to side with Royd. Having owned quite a few nylons I would say to be sure what you want BEFORE you pull the trigger. The 4n cwe is VERY nice but...the only real difference between it and the 2n cwe is that the 4n is ALL solid wood and the 2n is laminated back and sides (still both rosewood though). Actually the 2n may be structurally stronger in "embracing" the onboard pre-amp. I believe the newest models of Ramirez CWE's have dual source Fishmans. They sound very nice.
That being said,you can't go wrong buying a 4n cwe OR 2n cwe. If it was me I would seriously consider purchasing a NEW 2n cwe. Spanish classical's are delicate and you never know what your gonna get in buying a used one.
Look around on Ebay to get an idea of what they're going for.Some come WITH a very nice Ramirez case.

Happy hunting,Bob