View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 07:48 AM

I have a 0001xAE. Even though you stated the tone etc. isn't important, I believe this has Martin/quality tone at it's used price point. I love mine for the $350 I paid used. At $600 new, I think I could do better. Now onto humidity issues. I've not had acouticwoody's maintenance free experience. I live in the Midwest. After the 1st cold winter of me leaving it out of the case the guitar developed buzzing, especially up the neck. All I did to remedy was keep it stored in a case with self made case humidifier and a sound hole humidifier. The buzz went away after a couple weeks. That was a couple years ago and I haven't had the problem since. I keep it in case with 1 sound hole humidifier now. On the contrary my Seagull with Lam. Sides stays out with only a sound hole humidifier that occasionally dries out and I have no problems with it. While I'm no guitar expert, I wonder if the Martin's finickyness is due to the innovative materials used. I wonder if the spruce top naturally changed with climate, but the HPL, and stratabond material didn't. Having said, I still love the guitar and don't mind those materials.